Gary J. Nishioka
M.D., DMD, FARS, FAAOA
Dr. Nishioka emphasizes patient education and embracing ongoing, up-to-date learning as the foundation of providing each individual with a well-rounded and comprehensive care plan. He provides respect and compassion to each of his patients. Because Otolaryngology includes a wide-range of diseases and conditions affecting every age, he believes the diversity of the practice makes it rewarding.
Areas of clinical interest
- Diseases, Disorders and Surgery of the Nose and Sinuses
- Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Medical and Surgical Treatment for General Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases and Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment for Respiratory Allergies
Dr. Nishioka’s broad career, illuminated by his extensive journal publications, has spanned from earning a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry, a Medical Degree, and completing three residencies and one fellowship. In addition, he retired honorably as a commander with the U.S. Navy/ Medical and Dental unit after serving from 1992-2002.
A native of Oregon, Dr. Nishioka and his wife, Linda, have one son and a few pets. On weekends you may catch him out with his dog at one of the local parks. His interests include cycling, mountaineering, skiing, travel and fine art — especially impressionist paintings and Japanese swords. In addition, he holds a black belt in martial arts.
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: University of Washington; Seattle, WA
Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency: University of Missouri Health Sciences Center; Columbia, MO
Medical Degree: University of Texas Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX
Hospital Dentistry Residency: Oregon Health Sciences School of Dentistry; Portland, OR
Dental Degree: Oregon Health Sciences School of Dentistry; Portland, OR
Undergraduate: B.S. Biology/ B.S. Psychology, University of Oregon; Eugene, OR
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (Fellow)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society – Sinus (Fellow)
- American Medical Association
- Oregon Dental Association
- Oregon Medical Association
- Marion-Polk County Medical Association
- WVP Health Authority
- Northwest Integrated Providers, Inc.
- Medical mission with Resource Exchange International – Vietnam 2000
- Medical mission with Resource Exchange International – Cuba 2004