Dr. Gupta takes a personalized approach to patient care. He takes the time to understand each patient’s concerns and goals, educates them about their health, and collaborates with them on treatment plan. He enjoys seeing the impact treatment can have on a patient’s life, whether that’s helping them reconnect with family after hearing restoration surgery, freeing them from the anxiety caused by a tumor or otherwise helping them feel their best.
As a subspecialist, Dr. Gupta actively communicates with referring physicians to make sure that everyone on a patient’s medical team stays on the same page.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Otology and neurotology
- Sensorineural hearing loss and conductive hearing loss
- Tympanic membrane perforation
- Dizziness, Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence (SSCD), Meniere’s disease
- Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma)
- Glomus tumors
- Facial nerve disorders
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks
- Minimally invasive endoscopic ear surgery
- Cochlear implantation
- Skull base surgery: translabyrinthine, middle fossa, and retrosigmoid (suboccipital) approaches
Dr. Gupta was an attending surgeon in Otology/Neurotology at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. In 2017, Dr. Gupta began practicing at Oregon Health & Science University. He joined Willamette ENT in 2022.
In his free time, he enjoys basketball, yoga, hiking, classical piano, and spending time with his wife, two sons and French Bulldog.
Residency in Otolaryngology: New York University School of Medicine
Fellowship in Neurotology: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Medical Degree: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Undergraduate: University of Virginia, B.A., Ethnomusicology
- American Board of Otolaryngology and Neurotology
- American Neurotology Society, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- International Working Group on Endoscopic Ear Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Ear Surgery in Honduras, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (2016)
- NYU Department of Otolaryngology Dennis Pappas, Sr., M.D. Award for Excellence in Research (2011)
- OHSU Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Teacher of the Year Award (2019)
“Had a great experience. Got in very quick and felt safe with covid protocol! Everyone was extremely nice.”