Dr. Allan’s philosophy of care involves developing an individualized treatment plan to support his patients’ ability to enjoy their lives to the fullest. He brings warmth and humor to each patient’s visit to help reduce any anxiety. He particularly enjoys interacting with children because their perspective helps him see things in a fresh way each day.
Areas of clinical interest
- Diseases of the Ear and Ear Surgery including Bone-anchored Hearing Implants
- Children’s Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Medical and Surgical Treatment for General Ear, Nose, Throat Problems including Inhalant Allergy Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Allan practiced medicine while serving the United States Air Force at Clark Air Base in the Philippines, attaining the rank of major. He returned to Salem in 1990 after an honorable discharge, beginning his private practice with Willamette ENT.
A native of Nevada, Dr. Allan and his wife Karen have four daughters, one son, six grandchildren, two dogs and cat and are the founders of Andante Vineyard west of Salem, where you will often find him driving his tractor on weekends and summer evenings. Other hobbies include playing the piano, exercise, travel and restoring native habitats.
Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency: Oregon Health Sciences University; Portland, OR
Medical Degree: University of Nevada; Reno, NV
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Medical Association
- Oregon Medical Association
- Marion-Polk County Medical Association
- WVP Health Authority
- Northwest Integrated Providers, Inc.