Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) Description
Surgical procedure to reshape the ears to improve or enhance facial symmetry. Otoplasty will reshape/reposition the ears, and ear lobe reduction will reduce the size (length) of the ear lobe.
Length of Surgery
One to two hours
In / Outpatient
Local, local with IV Sedation or General
Recovery Time from Treatment
Return to work or school in 5 to 14 days. Avoid strenuous activity for 1 to 3 weeks.
Risks-Include but not limited to
Infection, bleeding, asymmetry, irregular scar formation, complications related to anesthesia.
Duration of Results
Permanent, but aging may affect results.
- What technique do you recommend for me?
- Where will the incisions and resulting scars be located?
- What is your experience with this procedure?
- Will people be able to tell I had an Otoplasty?
- Where will the procedure be performed and what type of anesthesia will be used?