Chin Implant (Mentoplasty) Description
Chin implants are designed to improve or enhance the facial contours of the jaw and neck providing facial harmony. Implants are made of solid medical-grade silicone.
Length of Surgery
One to two hours
In / Outpatient
Local with Conscious IV Sedation or General
Recovery Time from Treatment
Return to work in a week unless combined with other procedures that require additional recovery. Avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 4 weeks.
Risks-Include but not limited to
Infection, bleeding, shifting of implant, nerve injury, complications related to anesthesia.
Duration of Results
- Can a chin implant alone achieve my goals for facial harmony?
- Where will the incisions and resulting scars be located?
- What is your experience with this facial implant procedure?
- Will people be able to tell I have a chin implant?
- Where will the procedure be performed and what type of anesthesia will be used?
Chin Implant Surgery Inside Tip
Facial harmony means the facial features and proportions create a pleasant, balanced, distinct and individual appearance. The individual characteristics of the brow, eyes, nose, cheeks, chin, jaw, and lips all contribute to facial appearance, but it is how they work together that leads to facial harmony and beauty.