Clark R. Thompson
Dr. Thompson’s philosophy of care centers on developing relationships with patients based on trust and open communication. This partnership helps him create personalized treatment plans to meet each patient’s unique needs and goals, while providing conscientious and empathetic care.
Areas of clinical interest
- Medical and Surgical Treatment for Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases and Disorders
- Diseases, Disorders and Surgery of the Nose and Sinuses
- Children’s Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment for Respiratory Allergies
Dr. Thompson has practiced in Salem for 29 years, providing high-quality ENT care to patients of all ages. His special research includes sinusitis and asthma in children.
A native of Iowa, Dr. Thompson is married to Kathy and they have two children and one grandchild. He delights in spending time with his young grandson. In his spare time he enjoys downhill skiing, road cycling and mountain biking.
Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery Residency: Geisinger Medical Center; Danville, PA
Medical Degree: University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine; Iowa City, IA
Undergraduate: B.S. Biology, Cornell College; Mt. Vernon, IA (cum laude)
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Marion-Polk County Medical Association
- WVP Health Authority
- Northwest Integrated Providers, Inc.
“Everyone is nice and very efficient.”