John S. Donovan
Dr. Donovan’s philosophy of care is a team-based approach. He provides a straightforward approach to help the patient understand their diagnosis and treatment options and feel comfortable with the treatment plan. He believes cooperation and communication help build long-term relationships that support the foundation of health and well-being.
Areas of clinical interest
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Office Ultrasound-guided Biopsies and Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid
- Medical and Surgical Treatment for General Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases and Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment for Respiratory Allergies
A native of Kansas City, Dr. Donovan and his wife have two daughters in college. He travels as often as he can to watch his daughters play softball. In his free time he enjoys cycling and swimming for fitness.
Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center; Oklahoma City, OK
Medical Degree: Washington University School of Medicine; St. Louis, MO
Undergraduate: B.S. Chemistry/B.S. Biology, Stanford University; Stanford, CA
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Medical Association
- American Thyroid Association
- Oregon Medical Association
- Marion-Polk County Medical Association
- WVP Health Authority
- Northwest Integrated Providers, Inc.
- Medical mission in Brazil, Medical Teams International, (2000)
- Medical mission in Peru, Capital City Medical Teams (2002-2008)
“I have been going to Willamette ENT on and off for most of my life. The staff is always so friendly, and the doctors and nurses show a lot of care and compassion!”