WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to rapidly evolve, we want to reassure you that the safety of our patients, staff and community remains our highest priority. As part of our response, we continually and carefully evaluate the readiness of our facilities, personnel, capacity and supply availability, and keeping a watchful eye on the spread of the virus in our local communities and at state levels. Willamette Ear, Nose, Throat will remain OPEN to support the needs of our patients and healthcare partners. As essential healthcare providers, we play a key role in helping to keep patients with ear, nose, and throat conditions out of urgent care and emergency departments.
- In office appointments will be for patients who have acute ENT care needs, such as illnesses, injuries or care that require a physician examination.
- We are evaluating patient appointments on a case-by-case basis. If your visit can safely be deferred without negatively impacting your health, your appointment may be rescheduled or may be converted to a telehealth or telephone virtual visit. (please follow this link for information about telehealth visits)
- Willamette ENT’s Hearing Center is offering in-office appointments and hearing aid curb side services for those patients in need of assistance but who prefer not to schedule an in-office appointment.
- Willamette ENT’s surgery center, River Road Surgery Center, is fully open with appropriate screening/testing prior to urgent non-urgent elective surgeries.
Patient safety remains our highest priority. For the wellbeing of our patients and community, we:
- Reduced “density” by increasing appointment times and reducing the number of staff and patients in our clinic at any given point.
- Revamped our building’s HVAC roof units to ensure proper air circulation and improved filtration.
- Increased our cleaning and disinfection frequency throughout the facility.
- Installed ultraviolet lights in the clinic’s HVAC system to kill airborne pathogens quickly.
- Use mobile ultraviolet lights to kill surface pathogens throughout the surgery center and wherever a potential COVID encounter may occur.
- Use a hypochlorous acid fogging system (HOCl) to safely disinfect rooms and surfaces throughout the clinic and surgery center.
- Screen patients and staff prior to entry into the building.
- Installed acrylic screens throughout our reception areas and offer check-in from your car.
- Added a heated tent outside our office to enlarge our patient waiting space.
- Require masks throughout the clinic and provide hand sanitizer.
- All staff with direct patient contact wear N95 or equivalent masks and eye protection.
- Our surgical and recover teams wear CAPRs, powered air purifying respirators.
For everyone’s health please follow these guidelines:
If you have had any of the following symptoms within the last 2-14 days, you should not come to the clinic or surgery center. Please call and cancel your appointment with us and call your primary care provider for guidance. DO NOT go to your doctor’s office, an urgent care clinic or the emergency room without calling first. Salem Health has a dedicated number to call for testing: (503) 814-4400. CDC self-checker.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. If you have these symptoms or combinations of symptoms you may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (100 degrees or greater)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
“I have been going to Willamette ENT on and off for most of my life. The staff is always so friendly, and the doctors and nurses show a lot of care and compassion!”