When preparing your child for surgery:
- Be honest; explain the sequence of events so they are aware of what will happen each step of the way.
- Try to find out what worries the young patient has and address their concerns. Answer in simple statements that are age appropriate.
- Bring a favorite blanket, toy, or doll – anything that will help your child feel more secure.
- It would be best for your child undergoing surgery to receive your full attention while here at our surgery center. Please make other arrangements for childcare for any siblings or other children.
- Ask us about a tour of the surgery center. We can usually arrange a tour the same day as your pre-op appointment.
We are happy to have both parents accompany their child to the surgery center, however we ask that grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other family members wait at home.
If only one parent is available to come to the surgery center they are welcome to bring another family member. We just ask that you limit the total number of adults with the child to two.
Remember, it is required that at least one parent or legal guardian accompany all minors to the surgery center and that they stay on the premises at all times.
“I have been going to Willamette ENT on and off for most of my life. The staff is always so friendly, and the doctors and nurses show a lot of care and compassion!”