At the Facial Cosmetics Center, our goal is to create the best you while maintaining the uniqueness of your physique.
Eyelid surgery may be performed for cosmetic purposes or to help improve vision caused by drooping eyelids.
Face lifts are performed to help create a more youthful appearance of the face and neck.
Rhinoplasty is a nasal surgical procedure performed to correct congenital abnormalities or problems caused by trauma as well as for cosmetic purposes.
Gary J. Nishioka
MD, DMD, FARS, FAAOA
Dr. Nishioka emphasizes patient education and embracing ongoing, up-to-date learning as the foundation of providing each individual with a well-rounded and comprehensive care plan. He provides respect and compassion to each of his patients. Because Otolaryngology includes a wide-range of diseases and conditions affecting every age, he believes the diversity of the practice makes it rewarding.
Areas of clinical interest
- Nasal and Sinus Problems including Allergy
- Medical and Surgical Treatment for General Ear, Nose, and Throat Problems
- Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Nishioka’s broad career, illuminated by his extensive journal publications, has spanned from earning a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry, a Medical Degree, and completing three residencies and one fellowship. In addition, he retired honorably as a commander with the U.S. Navy/ Medical and Dental unit after serving from 1992-2002.
A native of Oregon, Dr. Nishioka and his wife, Linda, have one son and a few pets. On weekends you may catch him out with his dog at one of the local parks. His interests include cycling, mountaineering, skiing, travel and fine art — especially impressionist paintings and Japanese swords. In addition, he holds a black belt in martial arts.
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: University of Washington; Seattle, WA
Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency: University of Missouri Health Sciences Center; Columbia, MO
Medical Degree: University of Texas Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX
Hospital Dentistry Residency: Oregon Health Sciences School of Dentistry; Portland, OR
Dental Degree: Oregon Health Sciences School of Dentistry; Portland, OR
Undergraduate: B.S. Biology/ B.S. Psychology, University of Oregon; Eugene, OR
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (Fellow)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society – Sinus (Fellow)
- American Medical Association
- Oregon Dental Association
- Oregon Medical Association
- Marion-Polk County Medical Association
- WVP Health Authority
- Northwest Integrated Providers, Inc.
- Medical mission with Resource Exchange International – Vietnam 2000
- Medical mission with Resource Exchange International – Cuba 2004
Director of Facial Cosmetic Center
Linda has been employed at Willamette Ear, Nose, Throat and Facial Plastic Surgery since 1998 as the Director of the Facial Cosmetic Center and Patient Scheduler for Dr. Nishioka. She is also the Green Team Leader for the clinic as well as for River Road Surgery Center.
After having completed the Marion County Master Recycling Program she developed the first full medical recycling program in Marion County (based on Providence Hospital’s nationally recognized program in Portland) as well as leading Willamette ENT & FP Surgery and River Road Surgery Center to become the first EarthWISE Certified business in Marion County.
She received her Sustainable Enterprise Certification from Willamette University in 2009. Linda has worked in dental and medical offices for over thirty years. Her outside interests include running, hiking, visual arts (e.g. plays, movies, museums) and taking care of the pets.